Wednesday 21 October 2015

UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey stuns on the cover of SELFMagazine


Fierce fighter and feminist icon Ronda Rousey covers SELF magazine  and participated in an reveal-all interview. Rousey intends to take her place among sport's pantheon of all-time greats, but does not want her gender to define her. See more pictures after the cut
"I want my name to be mentioned along with Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali. I don't want the word woman to be in front of champion. It's motivating, because it's something I have to keep earning. When I was a kid, all I did was train. I never went to a dance. I never had a date. I never went to a single party. Training was my whole life. If I say that I'm the best in the world, sometimes people think that's really cocky and arrogant, but I had to work hard to be able to believe in myself. In your teens, you become super-self conscious. I had to build that up."



No comments:

Post a Comment