Wednesday 21 October 2015

Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe not happy with bench role


Sunderland striker Jemain Defoe has told manager Sam Allardyce that he is not happy sitting on the bench,, which is leaving him frustrated. 

The 33-year-old was used as a substitute in Allardyce's first game in charge as the Black Cats lost 1-0 at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday. Read hat he said after the cut
"At the age of 33, you want to play football. I didn't come here to sit on the bench. You want to play football and score goals. I said that from day one. I don't sit there and think, 'Well, come January I'm going to go'. I've just got to focus on the games, stay positive and, if I play then, I've got to do my best, work hard and hopefully score. The manager knows. I'm 33, I want to play games. If you speak to any of the boys, everyone wants to play. Yeah, the manager picks the team - you've got to respect that - but at the same time, it doesn't mean you have to be happy about it," he told The Journal.
Defoe has not been a regular starter since joining Sunderland from Toronto FC in January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment